Sunday 15 December 2013

Get 'Em Out

As promised, here is a rough mix of the song "Get 'Em Out" which I've been working on this weekend.  It's actually missing the track from the kick drum mic, as George neglected to send that along.  I'll mix it in when he does.  It's a bit frenetic and odd for me, but I kinda went with that, having a lot of nervous energy.  When doing the drums a couple of months back, so did George.  I fought the temptation to make it all extremely distorted guitar, and instead hacked away on acoustics, mostly.
   The words are as follows:



Get 'Em Out
intro:
They've got the kids, they play no more

They gossip, gasp and tut and strafe

They've got the girls decent attire

They've made the guys neutered and safe

I'm in their walls, I'm in their cells,
I'm in the doghouse, on death row
Palliative care, terminal ward
The rubber room where bent minds go
   In ya go, in ya go, in ya go, in I go
   I'll start to attend, try not to offend
   (Not start to offend, try not to attend)
   But God, oh my God, get me out.

They're in my car, they're in my house
They're in my closet, they're under my bed
They're on my plate, they're in my cup
They're in my pants, they're in my head
   Get it out, get it out, get it out, get them out
   I'll try to attend, start not to offend
   (Not start to offend, try not to attend)
   But God, oh my God, get it out.

They're in my heart and in my mind
They're in my voice and in my eyes
They're in my dreams, they're in my hair
They itch and itch and itch and itch
   And squirm, bite and squirm, and bite, squirm and sting
   And sting, bite and squirm, and bite, squirm and sing
  I'll start to attend, try not to offend
   (Yes I will offend, but try to attend)
   Please God, oh my God, get them out.

No comments: