Saturday 15 March 2008

March Break

The plan this March Break was to do a lot of the little things that needed to be done. I looked into passport renewal, and am ready to use school printers to print out the form now. I did some dishes, and bought some groceries, but missed getting the garbage out or getting an oil change or changing the strings on my guitar. The plan was to record and mix music. I couldn't bring myself to touch that until today, and I'm actually kinda surprised I got to it. No doubt part of it was meeting a very cool (married) friend of my sister's who said to get at that. The song is a sappy love song I've recorded many versions of, and was determined that I needed to record it all Motown. Despite finger snaps, claps, tamourine, and a switch to 2/4 time, it actually sounds more like peppy acoustic pop, in a fairly good way. I want to get Tyler to add piano and Jay to add electric. I think that'll fill it out. I've been making my neice DVDs of the 1969 Scooby Doo episodes, as she seems to like them. I gave up on Zelda (Ocarina of Time) for now, but got at Goldeneye and am about to rescue Natalia from the bunker once I get the drone guns figured out and so on. Welcome to 1997.

2 comments:

Jerry said...

Both games (OoT and Goldeneye) are classics for the ages. Dated in some ways now, perhaps, but timeless.

Wikkid Person said...

I've gotten embarassingly into getting used 80s and 90s video game consoles and games that I used to play. The thing is, I'm not an avid player, more of a collector. If I coax myself, I can get very hooked on a game for hours on end, but then I don't usually get back at it the next day. I'm a collector, which is kind of avaricious, isn't it?