Tuesday 1 May 2007

New Week

I came home today and found some guys replacing my kitchen door (it's never fit right in its frame, and lets snow in in winter). I was tired enough that I took a nap despite all the drilling. Naturally my cat hid under the bed the whole time. When the guy left, he called out that he was done, so I woke up, had some supper and watched Dylan Moran's Monster which is some pretty funny stuff. 
     Then, when I was supposed to be marking, I just kinda recorded another old hymn fairly quickly. I used the opening drum loop for Cheap Trick's "I Want You To Want Me" and did "Little Brown Church In The Wildwood." I wonder if I should call my eventual hymn CD (for my parents and their friends) something like "Kickass Hymns." 
      Before bed, tired from such things as rapid shaker and tambourine shaking, not to mention lots and lots of singing and strumming and bass playing, I decided to go for a jog. I was coming down the fire escape when I heard some sounds from the area with the garbage bags piled in the corner of the parking lot for garbage pickup. I looked straight down, and one story below me was a 20 pound skunk, tearing open the garbage. I waited until it toddled off before coming down all the way (doing some Batman-like rooftop lurking until it left) and then walked to the park, ran around the track under the almost-full-moon a bit, then came back. 
     I didn't have much energy in me (lots of emotional energy, little physical energy). I had to edit this fairly extensively (for me) due to the fact that when I run or exercise, all the oxygen seems to leave my brain in favour of my muscles.

No comments: