Saturday 5 May 2007

When Brakes Break

Today I'm off to my parents' place so my Dad and I can look at my rear brakes which are grabbing and grinding a bit. Last night I drove into the city to see Spider-Man 3. There were huge line-ups and I had to wait an hour to see it. Oddly, I happened to need to stand in line right next to Bill's brother Joel (wearing his Indiana Jones hat, suspenders and Spider-man black costume T-shirt in honour of the event) and four kids from my school. We all just happened to show up to the same showing at the same time (well, Joel was watching it for the 5th time that day.) This is a small part of the world, and running into people you know is unavoidable, and kinda fun. The movie was fun. I liked the darkness and the silliness. There was more of a darkness to it than any real seriousness, depth or intensity, but it was ok. People nitpicked and fussed, but I didn't agree that it was too complicated. It was no Batman Whatever. I did agree with the ass behind me, shouting out that they're standing around with umbrellas at the end, but it's not raining, but I was annoyed by his derisive shouting of this fact. I liked the social complications and relationship stuff and was bored whenever the whole screen went CG (which it did a bit too often) so that kinda makes me a girl, I suppose. I'm also tired of movies with brick walls being battered to pieces by people's heads, which heads don't end up with bruises or abrasions of any kind. Some real physics would help, not hurt, but people are cheating, and not in a Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon arty way. After neglecting doing so for a full year, I finally went and got my hair trimmed. I got over three inches off it, and no one noticed at all. Time for a fried egg bagel sandwich before going to fix my brakes.

No comments: