Thursday 22 July 2010

Holes

This song I just remixed this evening. Was intending a bunch of music room additions (tubular bells, huge bass drum) and may still. For now, here it is.

This is another of my old songs I want to make bigger and bombastic-er. And with a Lord of the Rings elves part in the bridge. Notable things in this song are that I'm playing all instruments (organ, piano, guitar, crash symbols, drums, pennywhistles) except the violins, and Julian was holding the microphone against his neck and humming in a bass range below what I can quite hit, to give an ominous threatening rumble. An entire choir of my sister is singing the bridge. Bill amused us all with that scream, which he did first take.  We said "Are you Ok?!" and he said "You need a couple more?"

1 comment:

bethany said...

love the tone and mood of it, fits tonight :). the bass rumbling, never would have guessed it's source but love what it adds ... so glad you got to this one!