Friday 8 August 2003

Turning my face from happiness

Today I realized that, often when I'm really brooding over something, I have to go through a process of shutting out all the things I'd naturally want to react positivelyto, just so I can be miserable. I forget compliments and not only remembernasty things people say and do, but cross-reference them with similar stufffrom the past. If I am about to start something that I really care about, I kind of give myself little peptalks, preparing myself for the worst. Right now I am applying forjobs. I am planning a road trip to the States. I'm going to recordand edit the audio for a flash cartoon I'm making with my friends. So whyam I focussed on "These jobs are probably already wrapped up by people'snephews and drinking buddies" and "My car is about due to break down again onthis trip" [note: It did. Permanently] and "I don't know if the cartoon will be as funny when acted by my friends as it is in my head" ? Screw all that. Get ready to be happy, I say. To help with that, here's apicture of a happy same-sex Micronaut couple. I am not happy, gay, or aMicronaut, but I think it's a smile-provoking image, don't you?

No comments: