Tuesday 8 January 2008

Back At It

I couldn't sleep, so just lay in bed with my eye's (dammit. too much marking kids' work really makes bad punctuation look ok) closed for about four hours, thinking dazedly betimes. That happens quite often when I feel like I really need to sleep, because I'm back to work or whatever after some time off. Went to school, taught some things, ate people's excess Christmas chocolate and played some guitar. Came home and fell asleep, and woke up around 9pm, with a strong feeling like I'd been "sleeping as hard as I could" with my whole metabolism completely divided between "it's evening. you don't sleep now. wake up" and complete, mindless exhaustion that would not be denied. Now I'm up, and hope I can sleep tonight. There are exams to plan, stuff to cram in and so on. Watching Alien: The Director's Cut, which should help me sleep. Not because torso-rending violence makes me sleepy per se, but more because the slow pacing of 70s TV and movies makes me very relaxed.

No comments: