Tuesday 15 January 2008

Roger Gets Used To Living Here




Roger the kitten has fallen into an odd pattern where he hides whenever I get up and walk around, but if I'm in bed or on the futon watching TV, he jumps up and wants to climb all over me, try to insert his head up my nostril, rub his little body against my face (smearing up my glasses) and generally scratch and bite my hands as if there were chew toys. Trying to eat breakfast (or supper) while sitting or lying on the futon in front of the TV (as is my wont) is next to impossible with him jumping onto my shoulder, worming his way under an armpit and generally wanting into everything. This morning he was hooking his claws over the rim of my (plastic) cereal bowl and trying to pull it away from me out of my hand. He's very endearing, but in the manner of kittens, is also completely crazy. This evening, he kept trying to get at my plate of pasta, and I kept setting him back down on the floor, once with a spiral of pasta hooked on a claw.

No comments: